Thursday, August 23, 2007

Meatballs

Darby requested freezer meals to ease the transition into mommahood. Thought I'd post this recipe. I make a big batch of these, cook them and then freeze them. I reheat them to use in meatball subs or pasta dishes or lunches for my kiddos. Oh, and I should mention, my Dad found this recipe in the newspaper of all places and it is the best meatball recipe ever.

2 lbs. hamburger
1 c. bread crumbs
2/3 c. grated Romano cheese
2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
4 cloves minced garlic
1/2 c. parsley chopped
4 eggs

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl (kinda gross) Shape into 1 in. diameter balls. Line them up on a roasting pan. Bake at 375 for about 20 or 25 mintues. (I bake them on a roasting pan so the fat drips thru. Cool and freeze.

2 comments:

Darby said...

thanks cheryl! this looks like a winnah. i'm going to try the recipe this weekend.

Unknown said...

good idea. OK, so kashi pizza and meatballs. sounds good to me.

i'm also thinking about freezing some of my favorite soups, like pork chili, black bean soup, corn chowder, split pea, etc., for after the baby comes, too.

maybe you could freeze some whole-grain pancakes/waffles and make your own fruit syrup to freeze too? (frozen berries + sugar + a little water and cornstarch, heat til desired consistency, then cool and freeze) because i LOVE breakfast for dinner!