Thursday, June 26, 2008

Post your top 10 kitchen utensils/appliances

Let me just say that i hate having too many gadgets in my kitchen. For me, why have an onion chopper, a mandolin, etc. when you have a.... knife. Especially when you have limited storage space. That said, there are a few gadgets that I love. Here they are in no particular order (please post yours, too)

stick blender (less dirty dishes), chefs knife, paring knife, food processor, vegetable peeler, microplane, cheese grater, salad spinner, hand juicer and mixer.

Here are the least used gadgets I own: electric citrus juicer, crock-pot (though I know people love 'em), a special utensil for taking the tops of strawberries, a poky comb thing that you are supposed to use to hold veggies down when you chop them, rotary cheese grater and waffle iron (too small)

5 comments:

Daphne said...

love my food processor, rubber jar opener, chef's knife and any GOOD knife, cutting board, wooden stirrer, coffee/spice grinder, veg peeler, wine key, small, flat cheese grater

Unknown said...

i heart my immersion blender too! also: can opener, paring knife, double sided spatula, wooden spoon, microplane, coffee grinder, olive oil carafe (sits stove-side), tea kettle/french press, crockpot & my mom's pyrex mixing bowl set.

Daphne said...

never heard of a microplane and it's BOTH your faves? explain please!

Cheryl said...

Like a little grater for your: hard cheese, lemon/lime rind, garlic, etc-- that is much sharper and works oh so much better.

Unknown said...

cheryl's right - because it's REALLY sharp, it makes zesting & grating literally effortless. my mom bought me one, i LOVE it. found them at bed/bath/beyond.