Friday, July 18, 2008

Plump Pea Dumplings (from 101 Cookbooks)


Plump Pea Dumplings 
(click here for the recipe)

Did anyone else see this recipe on the 101 Cookbooks blog when it popped up in April?  I've been thinking about it and eyeing it (with a watering mouth) for months.  Last night the Voices staff had a get together and several of us decided to make these dumplings together. 
 
My only question after making them - why on earth did I wait so long to do so?!?   

They were divine and not nearly as time consuming as I anticipated.  We tried both the steamed and fried versions - both of which were fantastic.  There was just a little something missing so we threw together a sriracha and soy sauce mixture to use as a dipping sauce. 



3 comments:

Daphne said...

i remember these and they look absolutely incredible.

i also remember exactly why i passed on trying it out...it looked as if i'd be spending hours wrapping miniature won ton pea pods. it's nice to know it wasnt as time consuming as you thought.

but do you think maybe it was the party of people in the kitchen that made it go so fast? :)

Cheryl said...

Oh beautiful! I will try these. I love that you use wonton wrappers (cuts down on the time, I'm sure)

Unknown said...

this sounds like something we could try at a future whocares movie night...