Friday, September 5, 2008

Browned Butter Blondies

I made these the other day for Lindsey and Alicia and they requested this recipe. It is easy and yummy and has an atrocious amount of sugar. This is my go-to dessert recipe when my kitchen is bare.

2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
10 T. butter
3/4 c. eggs (which is funny, but the original recipe called for egg substitute, as I got this from Cooking Light. But, I'm not interested in using egg substitute)

Combine flour, sugar, b.p., and salt in large bowl.

Place butter in a small skillet over med. heat. Cook for 6 minutes, until lightly browned, stirring a bit. Cool 10 minutes or so. Whisk into eggs. Pour butter/eggs into dry ingredients and stir just until moist. Spread batter into 13x9 pan coated with butter. Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Best a bit gooey.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yesssssssss.... (fist pump) thanks, cheryl!

butter, sugar, eggs. my kind of dessert!

Unknown said...

a note: my oven must run a little hot...so my advice (if yours does too), is to bake for 20 minutes and check every 3 minutes thereafter. otherwise, you might get more of a crust on top than you want, and not as gooey of a blondie. :)

caron said...

note: we made these. the pan was gone the next day. already another request for MORE!