Sunday, May 18, 2008

Baked Salmon

This recipe was given to me by my "Duluth" Grandma - Ruth Thorpe. Firecracker of a lady if there ever was one.

Preheat oven to 400.
Coat glass pyrex pan with olive oil.
Rinse salmon fillets (w/skin)
Lay fillets in pan skin side down without drying.
Pour olive oil over the top of the fillets.
Sprinkle fillets with tarragon, parsley, pepper & pinch of salt.
Place lemon slices on fillets.
Cover with foil & cook 10 - 15 minutes.

A note on purchasing salmon - be sure to always use wild salmon and not farm-raised as the fish often carry many diseases and spread them to the wild populations. Check an article about this at Patagonia.com. It is "Just Say No To Farmed Salmon" by Russell Chatham.

Aslo, my favorite smoked salmon store in Duluth is Northern Waters Smokehouse. Check it out at www.nwsmokehaus.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i'll try this. i was looking for another way to cooke salmon besides my usual balsamic glaze. thanks, darcy!

Darci said...

Hey Linds - Put your recipe on too! I'd love to try it.

Unknown said...

ooh, let me dig it up!